Activated Carbon Filter
ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER
• Captures a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
• Utilizes Extruded Activated Carbon – carbon pellets manufactured to uniform size
• Ensures maximum airflow and maximum contact
• Works by adsorption
• Attracts and holds gas and liquid molecules on its surface
• One pound of carbon has 534,438 square yards of available surface
The activated carbon filter now equips the HEPA 500 to capture a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including soot and smoke, food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other compounds.
No modification of the DefendAir is required – users simply place the new carbon filter inside the cabinet in front of HEPA filter, and then re-secure the cover. Capacity of the carbon filter will vary widely depending on conditions, but it should be replaced when a decline of effectiveness is noted. Sold in packs of four individually-wrapped filters.